Marks!


Even after over two decades, this event is embedded in my memory vividly.

We were in class IX H Sanskrit section. English Sir had come to our class with the corrected answer sheets of our half yearly exam.

As he started distributing the answer sheets, first, he called out Roll no. 2. My roll no. was 2. I was startled as to why had he started with my no instead of roll no 1 which is the usual practice. As soon as I stood up at my desk with the feeling that I have done very badly in the exam, Sir gave a look of disbelief at me. He repeated loudly,” Roll no 2” so that the real roll no 2 would stand up. I meekly admitted that my roll no is 2 which he was not ready to believe getting me confused as well.  
Finally, Sir handed over my answer sheet announcing that I had scored the highest marks in class (52/60). I was elated…


Sir had least expected me to top the subject as I was a very quiet and introvert person as also the fact that Sanskrit section was a class full of brilliant students.

No comments:

Post a Comment